Only 3% of the world’s water is suitable for drinking…
2% of which is found in glaciers and ice…
So in reality, only 1% of the earth’s water is accessible and potable!
The majority of the human body is comprised of water.
Water is Important to Daily Life
Quality drinking water is important to our health and well being
* We use water daily throughout our homes for cooking, cleaning, bathing, laundry
* Water is critical to most items we purchase and consume in one way or another
Some Interesting Facts:
* The typical person uses about 75 gallons of water a day, roughly equivalent to 800 cans of soda
* Approximately 4,000 gallons of water are used to manufacture a single automobile
* The process of making 1 pint of beer requires close to 2 gallons of water
How Does Water Become Contaminated?
The hydrologic cyle moves water from the air to the earth and back again.
Water is a natural solvent that dissolves everything it touches. As water passes through the earth to the water tables below, it carries with it substances such as…
* Air pollution
* Animal Waste
* Waste Water
* Sulfur from Smokestacks
* Lead from Pipe Solder
* Hard minerals such as Calcium Iron and Magnesium
* Other minerals such as Limestone and Arsenic
The list could go on and on…